| Ku Lian Gen Pi|
Ku Lian Gen Pi in TCM:Explore the properties of Ku Lian Gen Pi according to Chinese
Nutrition and Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM):
English Name: melia bark, Sichuan chinaberry bark, chinaberry tree bark
Pharmacuetical Name: Cortex Meliae
Properties: toxic, bitter,
Channels: ST, SP, LV
Flavors: toxic, bitter
Actions / Indications:
- Kills Parasites (hookworms, roundworms, tape worms,
pinworms, vaginal trichomonas infection, internal use or as enema)
- Treats tinea Infections and Sores (use alone as
powder as mix with vinegar or tea tree oil, apply topically for tinea,
- Commonly used to kill parasites, along with Shi Jun Zi.
However Ku Lian Pi is more toxic: slight overdose manifests as dizziness,
headache, desire to sleep, nausea, or abdominal pain. Severe side effects
can cause internal bleeding, hepatits, and even visual impairment.
- The fresh form of Ku Lian Pi is markedly stronger to kill parasites.
- (cc: pregnancy)
- (cc: not for long term use or weak constitution)
- (cc: SP and ST deficiency; LV or KD disease
- (cooking: difficult to dissolve so decoct longer: 45-60 minutes)