| Ma Bo|
Ma Bo in TCM:Explore the properties of Ma Bo according to Chinese
Nutrition and Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM):
English Name: lasiosphaera (puffball)
Pharmacuetical Name: Lasiosphaera seu Calvatia
Properties: acrid, neutral to cool
clears heat, eliminates toxins, stops bleeding
Actions / Indications:
- Clears toxic heat from throat (fire toxin affecting
throat causing pain, loss of voice, swelling; cough due to Lung heat)
- Stops bleeding (hematemesis or epistaxis due to heat;
topical use for trauma bleeding, after surgery, or for frostbite)
- (cooking: decoct in cheesecloth)
- Pharmacologically Ma Bo has been shown to stop bleeding and also to have an inhibitory effect against Staph and Pneumonia.
- Careful with mushroom allergy patients.