| Ting Li Zi|
Ting Li Zi in TCM:Explore the properties of Ting Li Zi according to Chinese
Nutrition and Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM):
English Name: descurainia, lepidum
Pharmacuetical Name: Semen Descurainiae seu Lepidii
Properties: acrid, bitter, very cold
Channels: LU, UB
Flavors: bitter, pungent
clears heat, resolves water accumulations, resolves phlegm
Actions / Indications:
- Drains LU heat; dissolves phlegm; calms wheezing
(excess-type wheezing or coughing with copious sputum; gurgling in throat
due to phlegm or LU heat)
- Promotes urination; reduces edema (facial edema;
edema and water retention in chest or abdomen with urinary difficulty
due to stagnation of LU and UB qi)
- (cc: caution with deficient patients)
- (cc: cough or wheeze due to LU deficiency)
- (cc: edema due to SP deficiency)
- Ting Li Zi is known as the herb to purge large amounts of phlegm from
the LU. Often used for fullness in chest with inability to lie down.
- One of the recent clinical uses for Ting Li Zi is to treat congestive
heart failure with dyspnea and edema.
- Ting Li Zi is similar to Sang Bai Pi but stronger in function.