| Du Zhong|
Du Zhong in TCM:Explore the properties of Du Zhong according to Chinese
Nutrition and Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM):
English Name: eucommia bark
Pharmacuetical Name: Cortex Eucommiae
Properties: sweet, warm
Channels: KD, LV
Tonifies: blood, yang, jing
- Chao Tan: stop bleeding
Actions / Indications:
- Tonifies the LV and KD; strengthens bones and sinews
(weak / sore / painful low back, knees; fatigue; seminal emission, frequent
urination; impotence, uterine bleeding)
- Treats Hypertension (modern use for hypertension)
- Calms the fetus (deficient cold of Kidney with bleeding
during pregnancy; prevent miscarriage; low back pain with deficiency
signs in pregnant women)
- Tonifies LV Blood and Jing to assist sore back and knees
- Combine Du Zhong with Huang Qin and Xia
Ku Cao to treat hypertension.
- Dry fried Du Zhong is regarded as more potent than unprocessed. Salt fried is the preferred form to treat low back pain, spontenous seminal emission, and unstable pregnancy.
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Please support this site by using the above links to order!